5 most important on page optimization factors
On-page SEO also known as on-site SEO is the process of optimizing the content on a particular web page with the aim of it being more accessible to the target group as well as the audience. There is a whole slew of on-page SEO factors that lead to a respectable ranking, it goes without saying that the on-page ranking affects the overall search engine rankings, the impacts these on-page SEO factors have on the performance and visibility of a particular website is massive and worth paying attention to.
Before we move any further it is of paramount importance to ascertain “what are SEO elements?” There exist certain elements and factors that when included in your webpage increase the chances of it being recommended as well as interacted with, these elements that enhance the aforementioned are known as on-page SEO factors. This process encompasses all the variables you can control on your website or page, which is where it gets its name on-page SEO. Having an optimized on-page SEO is what leads to a good on-page ranking which in turn leads to enhanced performance.
Here is a short listicle of on-page SEO elements that doubles as a checklist for a better website
Five most important on page optimization factors:
The phrase “content is king” is definitely thrown around a great deal, and with good reason because having good content is what the performance of your website is hinged on.
But what does good content comprise? Apart from the usual elements such as relevance, readability, and layout, having good content means including keywords, an effective title tag, relevant and clickable links, as well as alt tags.
Here is a small checklist for better content
- Extremely relevant and specific topic
- Inclusion of the subject in the title tag
- Inclusion of the subject in the image alt text
- Frequent repetition of the subject throughout the editorial text
- Good quality content (which is non-negotiable)
- Relevant links
All these aforementioned SEO elements lead to desirable results.
At the end of the day, the purpose of a website is to appeal to both the target audience as well as the search engine. User engagement has always been an essential on-page SEO element that has been known to lead to a higher on-page ranking.
Some aspects worth considering with the intent of optimization are as follows:
- Evaluate pages that show a high bounce rate and incorporate elements that promote longer session engagement
- Insert a call to action at a regular frequency
- Introduce alternate navigation options
- Upgrade the page load time
- Make sure the banner, as well as the copy on the landing page, is relevant ( considering this is what people will first see)
There are also technical aspects that affect the on-page rankings. This can be seen as an important foundation that supports all the other on-page SEO factors.
Some elements that must be paid attention to in this domain are as follows:
- Including a site map for convenience
- Crawlability: A precursor to getting indexed is the website being crawled. Since the engine crawler involved will only have ingress to the provided links, the interlinking aspect holds much importance. A crawl budget is a great way to gauge and prioritize which pages should be indexed first.
- All the pages that don’t require indexing or crawling can be blocked (this can easily be done by simply placing them under a disallow file)
- Redirect chains being in order and relevant are of utmost importance and cannot be ignored.
Interlinking boosts the on-page ranking by spades. They serve a multitude of on-page factors namely, User experience, link building, content, as well as crawlability.
An advantageous thing to do to serve this aspect is by identifying and strategically making use of orphaned pages.
This is a rather new addition to the whole aspect of on-page factors but an important one nonetheless considering the amount of traffic generated by mobile devices. Google has also placed a lot of importance on the mobile-first index, and it is just as, if not more, important than the desktop index.
Some relevant upgrades in this domain are as follows:
- Incorporate responsive web design (which is of paramount importance)
- Enhance page speeds
On a concluding note, it is important to mention that at the end of the day, on-page SEO factors are only a facet of effective web design and is most definitely not the be-all-end-all. Coupled with other advantageous optimization techniques and strategies they will yield desirable results.
It is no secret that the optimization field is an extremely dynamic one that is constantly changing, so the best way to get effective results is by being open and aware to all the moving parts of the machine.